Does your family love a Disneyland Vacation? Have you ever been there during Halloween Time? It is one of my favorite times to go! Today I am sharing things you should know if you are going to Disneyland this Halloween! I am also sharing about Get Away Today, my favorite place to book with. I love them so much that I work with them as an affiliate. I think we have done at least 5 vacations with them and every single vacation was great!
5 Things to Know About Halloween Time in Disneyland This Year
Halloween Time is one of the most popular times to visit Disneyland – and for anyone who loves the holiday it’s easy to see why. Each year the celebration evolves just a little bit, so I’ve put together 5 things to know about Halloween Time this year.
- This year, Halloween Time starts on September 9, which is the earliest they’ve ever kicked off the festivities. In fact, Halloween Time starts just three days after the Diamond Celebration ends. If you want to beat the crowds, September is a great time to go. October is wonderful too, just be prepared for lots of families on Fall Break. Make sure you use the Fastpass system and have a great time.
- Halloween Time is included with your regular admission. Disneyland is completely decorated for the holiday with pumpkin displays, the Disney characters are in their Halloween costumes and two of the rides get Halloween makeovers. You’ll find Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy with Halloween fun.
- This is the LAST Halloween Time you can ride one of the spookiest attractions at California Adventure. The Tower of Terror is closing forever starting January 2017 and will reopen next summer as a Guardians of the Galaxy ride. If you love Tower or Terror, you’ll definitely want to go to Disneyland this year.
- Mickey’s Halloween Party is a separate event that happens on 17 nights during Halloween Time. This year it’s mostly Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights starting September 23. Disneyland closes to anyone a couple of hours early if you don’t have a ticket, so be sure to plan for that. If you have a Park Hopper you can always go over to Disney California Adventure Park. You don’t have to go to Mickey’s Halloween Party to have a good time, but there are lots of extra fun things included like trick-or-treating if you decide to go.
- Since the Diamond Celebration ends right before Halloween Time begins, Disneyland is switching their fireworks show back to one of their longest running shows, Fantasy in the Sky. They’re also changing their World of Color show from the special anniversary edition to the original World of Color show. Also, it’s important to know that during Halloween Time this year Disneyland will have fireworks on weekends only. That means Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, UNLESS it’s a Mickey’s Halloween Party. If you have a ticket to Mickey’s Halloween Party, they will show Halloween Screams, the special Halloween fireworks no matter what night you visit. Going to the party is the only way to see Halloween Screams. World of Color will play nightly during Halloween Time.
I hope these 5 things help you plan your Disneyland vacation during Halloween Time! If you haven’t booked yet, I recommend booking with Get Away Today. They have the lowest prices on Disneyland vacations and have the best customer service. Plus, use promo code: Summers to save an extra $10 off any 2-night Disneyland package. You can book online at getawaytoday.com or call 855-GET-AWAY.