I just love popcorn. Nothing like a nice big bowl of popcorn when watching a movie. Sometimes I am in the mood for something sweet and salty so I have a variety or recipes I like to make depending on what I have in my pantry. Today I am going to share a quick popcorn treat that takes just a few ingredients. I am adding it to my list of yummy treats.
Chocolate Caramel Crunch Popcorn
You can make this using my caramel popcorn recipe or if are short on time I will show you how I do a quick caramel sauce.
This is just for a small batch – you can always double or triple the recipe.
- Popcorn – I used 1 bag of microwave popcorn
- 1 Cup Kraft Caramel Bits
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cashews
Pop your popcorn and place it in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Melt the caramel bits by placing them in a microwave bowl with the water. Heat in the microwave and stir every 30 seconds until melted (it took me about 1 1/2 minutes.
With my spoon I drizzled the caramel all over the popcorn.
While the caramel is still melted sprinkle on your cashews. The caramel will help the cashews stick to the popcorn.
Melt your chocolate chips in the microwave the same way you did the caramel bits then drizzle on the popcorn and let everything cool.
Once everything is cool and dry break into pieces and enjoy!
To celebrate National Popcorn Day I joined 10 other bloggers to share our popcorn recipes with you! Check them all out as there are some amazing ideas!
11 Brand New Popcorn recipes
- Chocolate Caramel Crunch Popcorn (found here)
- Churro Popcorn – Ashlee Marie
- Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn – Creations by Kara
- Avalanche Popcorn – Real Mom Kitchen
- Pretty-In-Pink Popcorn – Butter With A Side of Bread
- Jalapeno Popper Popcorn Balls – The Stay At Home Chef
- Snickers Caramel Popcorn – The Baker Upstairs
- Samoa Popcorn – Like Mother Like Daughter
- Candy Flavored Sugar Popcorn – Jamie Cooks It Up!
- Black Pepper Parmesan Popcorn – Life Made Simple
- Easy Homemade Kettle Corn – Yummy Healthy Easy
18 more Favorite popcorn recipe
- Double Chocolate Sweet and Salty Party Mix – Summer Scraps
- Caramel popcorn balls – Ashlee Marie
- butterfinger popcorn – Like Mother Like Daughter
- Snickers Peanut Butter Popcorn – Butter With A Side of Bread
- M&M’s Caramel Popcorn – Summer Scraps
- Kettle Corn – Real Mom Kitchen
- Gourmet Cinnamon Roll Popcorn – Creations by Kara
- cake mix and sprinkles popcorn – Ashlee Marie
- Toasted Coconut Caramel Popcorn – Jamie Cooks It Up!
- Chocolate Popcorn– Butter with a Side of Bread
- Caramel Popcorn – Summer Scraps
- Movie Night Chocolate Chip Cookies – Life Made Simple
- peanut butter puppy chow popcorn – Ashlee Marie
- marshmallow caramel popcorn – Like Mother Like Daughter
- Peanut Butter Popcorn – Butter With A Side of Bread
- Zebra Caramel Popcorn – Like Mother Like Daughter
- Caramel Apple Pie Popcorn – Real Mom Kitchen
- Cinnamon Bear Popcorn – Jamie Cooks It Up!
What is your favorite way to eat popcorn?