One of my favorite things to do is going out to eat – It could be a simple dinner out with the kids, a romantic date night with my husband or a girls night out with a bunch of my friends. Usually when we go to do something fun, food is usually involved. I thought it would be fun to join in the Social Fabric Our Favorite Places to Eat blog hop. I am going to share with you places that my family, my friends and I love to eat at in my area. These restaurants will be in the Salt Lake City and surrounding areas – basically in the Salt Lake Valley.
|Grabbing a hamburger at Smashburgers!|
- The Roof Restaurant – If you are going to be in downtown Salt Lake City I would suggest eating at The Roof as you will have a lovely view of the city. It is especially beautiful during Christmas when you can have a beautiful view of all of the Christmas Lights in Temple Square. The Roof is a Gourmet dining buffet. I have been here a couple of times and have enjoyed my meal each time. I love the idea of the buffet so I can pick and choose exactly what I want from their delicious offerings like salads, prime rib, seafood, pasta, etc. The dessert buffet is to die for!! They are only open Monday – Saturday from 5 pm to close – when making a reservation be sure to ask for a table by a window with a view! This is a great place to eat at for a romantic date or anniversary.
- Rodizio Grill – Rodizio is a Brazillian Steakhouse located in downtown Salt Lake City in Trolley Square. This restaurant will satisfy the carnivore in you! My husband and I love eating here with a huge selection of delicious Brazillian grilled meats to choose from. We also always get the Full Rodizio which includes unlimited appetizers, salad bar and grilled meats. The company I work for also has their work Christmas party here every year and I practically have to roll myself out the door because I always eat way to much when I come here – delicious!
|Cafe Rio – one of my favorite places to eat – I crave their Tomatillo Sauce!|
- The Pie Pizzeria – With several locations dotting the Salt Lake Valley this is somewhere I love to take the entire family to eat! The pizza is amazing, topped with fresh toppings and you can even order a Giant which is a 23″ pizza! One thing I also love is I can run in and get a quick lunch on my own since they also sell pizza by the slice – so when my kids are in school I can run and grab a slice of pizza for lunch!
- Gecko’s – One f the Mexican place we enjoy is Gecko’s in South Jordan. I like the food and have gone here several times with my girlfriends. I believe this restaurant is family owned and I like that – the employees are super friendly and always helpful. I love to get the chicken and steak fajitas – yum!
|Delicious Sushi from Sushi Groove|
- Thyme and Seasons Marketplace – Here is a suggestion from Courtney from Fry Sauce & Grits – If you’re looking for a really unique dining experience I would go to Thyme and Seasons Marketplace in North Salt Lake. The chef who runs the place doesn’t have a menu, he’ll ask you what you’re in the mood for (sounds kind of cray cray)! He’ll make you anything: pasta, curry, stir fry, even a Philly cheese steak! Lat time I went he let me come back into his kitchen and taught me how to cook some Vietnamese food. It was so much fun! Did I also mention his restaurant is a cooking school/cooking store? Every time I’ve been there it’s always fresh, delicious, and reasonably prices. If you’re a picky eater, this might not be the place for you, but its a fun experience.
- Red Iguana – Here is a suggestion from Tia from Events to Celebrate – Red Iguana is my favorite in SLC. The mole is to die for. They have several so you can choose your heat level, but all are so flavorful (I hate when all you can taste is Hot) and complex. It’s been featured in Diners, Drive Ins and Dives.
- La Frontera – I asked my husband his favorite restaurant in Salt Lake and without hesitation he said La Frontera. He really loves the Mexican food, the freshness, loves the choices of sauces. He said the green Chile is crazy good. He usually gets a double beef enchilada, no beans, extra rice, smothered in Green chili with cheese and onions on top. Sooo good – Oh my heavens honey! (yup that is exactly what he said).
- Bambara – Bambara is located in the heart of downtown right next to Hotel Monaco. My husband and I have been here for a romantic night out several times and have always loved the food. The food is prepared by gourmet chefs and is truly uniquely inspired. I love the food, the ambiance and I also love how close the location is too many of the downtown attractions.
|Enjoying Ice Cream at the Tower Deli in Thanksgiving Point|
- Kaylynn from Among The Young – Cheesecake Factory (always) and Market Street Grill. We also love little dives like Bruges Waffles and Frites (think waffle truck with twice fried fires to go with). Amazing!!!
- Vanessa from Our Thrifty Ideas – We love Caputo’s for their Sandwiches!!!
- Courtney from Fry Sauce & Grits – Ruth’s Diner, Blue Plate Diner, Blue Lemon, Red Iguana, and the Pie Pizzeria!
- Jenny from Rate the Plate Utah – La Jolla Groves (Gateway Mall)
- Michelle from 4 Men 1 Lady – These are places unique to UT…not chains (I think): Layla (best Mediterranean food ever), Ruth’s Diner, Soup Kitchen (In Sugarhouse), Tuscany, Siegfried’s (German).
- Janet from Newspaper Girl – R&R BBQ in SLC is new and fab (if you’re a BBQ person). Ekamai Thai next to Caputo’s is also a favorite (fast food Thai).
- Aimee from Like Mother Like Daughter – I second the suggestion for Siegfrieds. Also we went to Cuscina Toscan recently and loved it!
- Taralyn from Keep Moving Forward With Me -1. I love going up the canyon to Ruth’s Diner. The mile high biscuits and hot chocolate are crave worthy. The restaurant has a very home, vintage feel. 2. Brugges Waffles and Frites is unique and fun. Perfect for a quick/yummy grab and go downtown. 3. The tapas and art at Medtrina are perfect for a date night. 4. As far as location and convenience – my family loves grabbing gyros at Crowne Burger so we can get free parking for events at the Energy Solutions Arena!
- Sari from Lady of Perpetual Chaos – We lie Asian Potato in Sandy.
- Ashlee from I’m Topsy Turvy – I love “the bombay house” in both Provo and Salt Lake City, it was my first introduction to Indian food and still my favorite place to order it when I don’t feel like cooking!
- Holly from Happy Food Healthy Life – Blue Plate Diner, Red Iguana, Vertical Diner (vegan/Vegetarian friendly), Cedars of Lebanon…my FAVORITE though is One World Cafe downtown. The concept is amazing. They don’t really have a menu. They just cook what’s in season, What’s in the garden (right behind the restaurant), and really just what they have on hand. And then there’s no set price either. You make a donation based on what you think it’s worth. And they promote no waste. So you can tell them exactly how much you want (sort of cafeteria style), and you can go back for more if you want. Great fresh food, and an awesome concept.
- Shannon from Lucky Red Hen – Copper Onion!