Sometimes you need a quick yet delicious salad. You know when you have been asked to bring a salad to something last minute – or have forgotten about the salad until the last minute! This salad recipe is so easy and is one of my favorites. This is one of those salads that you could put together in the front seat while driving to a BBQ you were just invited to – seriously! I recently served it at my Bunco party and it was a big hit.
This salad recipe is made with prepackaged items so you can literally make this salad on the way over to your friends house! Here is what you will need:
- Lettuce Mix – I like to buy a mixed green or romaine mix – make sure the package of lettuce you buy is prewashed. You will need 1 – 2 bags depending on how big of a salad you are making.
- Bacon Bits – not the hard crunchy kind but the soft bacon bits (if you aren’t in a hurry you could cook up your own bacon)
- Dried Cranberries – I like to use Craisens
- Glazed Pecans – I like the Diamond brand of the glazed pecans. I found these in the salad topping section in my store – they also have walnuts but I prefer Pecans
- Feta Cheese (pre-crumbled)
- For the dressing there are two kinds that would go really well – Poppyseed dressing (I like the Lighthouse brand) or a Strawberry or Raspberry Vinaigrette.
What is your favorite kind of salad??