Todays Baked Eggs recipe is one that could be made in your regular oven or a Toaster Oven. I prefer using a Toaster Oven especially on a hot day – it helps so my entire house doesn’t get heated up. This is also a fun recipe to have a various of different toppings for people to choose from to make their own Baked Eggs. Today I am sharing my favorite ingredients to have in mine. Also be sure to enter my giveaway below for a Toaster Oven!
Baked Eggs in a Toaster Oven
This recipe today is brought to you buy Hamilton Beach. I received an Easy Reach 4 Slice Toaster Oven to try and my Baked Eggs is one of the first recipes I made in my new toaster oven (besides toast and pizza). Be sure to check out the giveaway for your own Hamilton Beach Toaster Oven!
Gather your ingredients – you can really add things that you like to have in your eggs. I grabbed eggs, cheese, ham, onions, mushrooms and spinach.
The first time I made this I just added everything into the ramekin to cook and it just did NOT turn out well. Too much liquid. I should have realized that would happen because there is so much moisture in the mushrooms, spinach and onions. So I tried it again a different way and it worked great.
So to start you will want to precook the mushrooms, onions and spinach. I added a bit of olive oil (or you could do butter) to a skillet and cooked the mushrooms and onions together until they were tender.
Then I added the spinach on top. I let them sit on top for a bit to steam them.
Then begin to mix them into the mushrooms. You will be surprised how so much spinach can cook down to such a small amount.
Spray or butter your ramekins and add some of your spinach and mushrooms.
Then add in other ingredients – like some chopped ham, turkey or whatever meat you have on hand.
Next it is time for the eggs. You could just crack the eggs directly onto everything – this is a good idea if you like runny yokes. I don’t love runny yokes so I did a quick mix with my fork with the eggs, a bit of milk and salt and pepper.
Add that to the eggs and turn on your toaster oven to about 375 degrees.
The toaster oven heats up rather quickly. There are so many features I love about this Toaster Oven.
I love that the door of the oven has a roll top door so the door actually slides up and into the toaster instead of opening down like a regular oven – this is perfect for me since I don’t have much counter space. Also having a roll top door makes it so food does not spill onto the door – which is great for making it easy to clean up.
It has a toast, bake and broil options to give you a variety of ways to cook with the toaster. There is a 30 minute timer and two rack options. Also everything comes out easily to make the toaster very easy to clean up.
Most recipes I have seen for baked eggs has you adding the cheese to the top from the beginning. But I was worried my eggs would not cook and it is hard to tell with the cheese on. So I decided to add the cheese at the end so I could make sure my eggs were cooked through.
Bake your eggs for about 12 minutes (there is a timer on the toaster oven). Just kind of check the eggs to make sure the eggs are done to your liking.
When the eggs are around the consistency that you want then add the cheese and some buttered bread to toast.
Now wait for the cheese to get melted and a bit golden and you are ready to dig in!
This is a fun way to make morning breakfast with the family – just have all of the toppings ready for everyone to pick and choose what they want in their delicious baked eggs!
- 1 Tbsp butter or olive oil
- Fresh Spinach
- Fresh Mushrooms
- 1 Onion - chopped
- Ham - Sliced
- Milk - just a drizzle
- salt and pepper
- Mozzarella Cheese
- The ingredients are very versatile you can change things out for other items your family may love. Also there are not amounts listed as I just grabbed a handful of each item to put in my ramekins.
- Heat some butter or tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet. Add your mushrooms and onions and cook until tender. Add your spinach and gently stir into the mushrooms until tender.
- Add some spinach/mushrooms into a greased ramekin and top with some pieces of ham. Add your eggs - 2 whole eggs per ramekin or 2 scrambled eggs (I like to scramble with a bit of milk salt and pepper).
- Bake in a 375 degree toaster oven for 12 -15 minutes or until the eggs are how you like. Add some cheese and return to the toaster overn until cheese is melted.
If you like this recipe be sure to also check out my other Breakfast Recipes.
A big thanks to Hamilton Beach for providing an Easy Reach 4 Slice Toaster Oven for my giveaway.
Enter via the Rafflecopter form below. If you have a hard time seeing the rafflecopter entry form I have heard it sometimes doesn’t work well with Internet Explorer so you may need to try a different browser, or click on the words that say Rafflecopter Giveaway
- Odds of winning are based on number of entries.
- Winner will be chosen at random using Rafflecopter.
- Winning entry will be verified.
- This giveaway begins right now and ends on 1/13/16 at midnight.
- Winner will be emailed and winner must respond within 24 hours or a new winner will be picked.
- You must be 18 years or older to enter/win
- You must reside in the 50 United States or D.C.
- Hamilton Beach is unable to ship to P.O. Boxes.
a Rafflecopter giveaway