The Banana Bread recipe I am sharing today is one my mom always made while I was growing up. I don’t know exactly where she got her recipe but over the years she added her own little tweaks to the recipe. It is simple and delicious and one of those recipes I love to make for my family. Sometimes I make it with nuts and sometimes without or occasionally add chocolate chips if I have some on hand. If I am making it for a dessert than I will add a cream cheese frosting. Most of the time though I just enjoy a nice slice with a little butter – oh so good!
Banana Bread Recipe
This recipe today is brought to you buy Hamilton Beach. I received a Stand Mixer to try and my Banana Bread is one of the first recipes I made in my new mixer. Be sure to check out the giveaway for your own Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer AND 6 Speed Hand Mixer!
Preheat your oven to 275 degrees and grease/spray two loafs pans. In your stand mixer bowl add your peeled bananas and beat them until they are liquid.
Add your eggs and mix them in with the bananas. Add your softened butter, sugar and vanilla next and mix well. Sift together the flour, soda and salt and then slowly add to the banana mixture a little at a time.
After everything is nicely mixed you can add anything you want to mix in like Walnuts or Chocolate Chips.
Divide the mixture between the two loaf pans and bake for 1 and 1/2 hours. Check the center with a toothpick to make sure it is done. If not done cook for another 10 minutes and check again.
My family usually has one slice of the bread while it is still hot with a little butter spread on it and then we let the rest cool to enjoy later.
- 5 large bananas, peeled (the browner the better)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- Optional mixins like Walnuts or Chocolate chips (1 cup total)
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Spray/Grease 2 loaf pans.
- Peal bananas and place in bowl and beat until liquid. Add eggs and beat with the bananas.
- Add softened butter, sugar and vanilla and mix well with banana mixture.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt and add to banana mixture a little at a time.
- Add Walnuts or choclate chips (optional).
- Divide batter between the two loaf pans and bake for 1½ hours. Check for doneness with a toothpick and cook 10 minutes longer if needed.
If you like this recipe be sure to also check out my other yummy treats.
The Stand Mixer has a powerful 300 watt motor, mixing action gives complete bowl coverage, has 3 attachments, a splatter shield, 7 speeds and the best part is that it is dishwasher safe! I also love the non slip feet and tilting head!
The Hand Mixer has a snap on storage case, a pulse function, 290 watts of power with 6 different attachments!
One person will win both!
Enter via the Rafflecopter form below. If you have a hard time seeing the rafflecopter entry form I have heard it sometimes doesn’t work well with Internet Explorer so you may need to try a different browser, or click on the words that say Rafflecopter Giveaway
- Odds of winning are based on number of entries.
- Winner will be chosen at random using Rafflecopter.
- Winning entry will be verified.
- This giveaway begins right now and ends on 1/6/16 at midnight.
- Winner will be emailed and winner must respond within 24 hours or a new winner will be picked.
- You must be 18 years or older to enter/win
- You must reside in the 50 United States or D.C.
- Hamilton Beach is unable to ship to P.O. Boxes.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
You Are Also Going To Love:
If you really like my recipe, you will also love the following recipes. I have pulled them together for you right here!