I am writing this post on behalf of Kraft through Lunchbox. All opinions are my own.
I love casseroles! They are warm and comforting and full of delicious things I love to eat. This Cream Turkey and Noodles casserole is so wonderfuly nice and creamy. I love how you could use this recipe with turkey, chicken or even ham – perfect for those holiday leftovers. Or just use some Turkey from the store. I didn’t have any leftover Turkey from the holidays so I used Oscar Mayer Carving Board Oven Roasted Turkey Breast – just quickly chopped it and it was perfect for this dish.
If you are using your own leftover turkey or ham or chicken just use 4 cups, chopped. Check out how easy this recipe is to make!
Creamy Turkey and Noodles Recipe
Start off by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Grease/spray 2 13×9 inch pan. Yes, this makes two pans – one to enjoy now and one to freeze for later! Begin boiling your noodles per the package instructions (without the salt).
Melt butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Add your onions and cook/stir them for 4 minutes.
Add in your fozen vegetables and cook until 4 minutes or until thawed. Sn the flour until blended and then cook and stir for one minute. Slowly add in your milk and brink to a boil. Cook and stir this for minutes or until thickened then remove from heat.
Add in the turkey, soup asour cream. Mix together and then toss in the cooked and drained noodles.
Stir together until everything is nicely mixed then place into your 13×9 pans (divide betweenyour two pans).
Sprinkle your KRAFT Shredded Three Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia on top.
Cover with tinfoil and bake for 30 minutes (remove tinfoil last 10 minutes) then serve.
I love how creamy and cheese this dish is! The noodles, vegetables and chunks of meat are perfect in the yummy white sauce!
- 1 pkg. (16 0z.) farfalle (bow-tie pasta), uncooked
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, green beans, peas)
- 6 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 pkg. (7.5 oz. each) OSCAR MAYER CARVING BOARD Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 oz.) reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE’S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Three Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COOK pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
- MEANWHILE, melt butter in Dutch oven or large deep skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 4 min. or until crisp-tender. Add frozen vegetables; cook 4 min. or until thawed, stirring frequently. Stir in flour until blended; cook and stir 1 min. Gradually stir in milk; bring to boil. Cook and stir 2 min. or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in turkey, soup and sour cream.
- DRAIN pasta. Add to sauce; stir until evenly coated. Spoon into 2 (13x9-inch) pans sprayed with cooking spray; top with cheese. Cover.
- BAKE 30 min. or until heated through, uncovering for the last 10 min.
My most favorite part of this recipe is that it can be premade and frozen for when I need it! Just mix everything together according ot the directions, wrap tightly and then freeze it up to 3 months. When your family is ready to enjoy it just thaw it overnight in the fridge then bake for 30 minutes. If you forget to thaw it you can bake it frozen, covered for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until it is heated through (remove tinfoil the last 10 mintues).
If you like this recipe then you will also like these as well: