Hey everyone! I am so excited to have Sylvie from Cheeriolala share a delicious breakfast with us today!
We’re one of those grain-free, dairy free families. Yeah, you know they type of people I mean. The ones who eat enough eggs at breakfast to send the chickens into a panic and who like to pretend kale is as awesome as potato chips (it’s actually not bad). But if you’re like my husband and can’t stand eggs, it makes breakfast a little more complicated. That is, unless you have some easy freezer recipes, like my Paleo Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Bars, to make busy mornings a breeze.
Although these bars are super handy for people on the go, they’re a nice little treat when you do have a few moments to sit down. And the fact that they are delicious, easy to make and freeze well is a good reason to make a large batch because at our house, one pan is gone in just a few hours!
What is super sneaky about this recipe is that it actually does contain eggs, even though their flavor is not obvious. Shhh! Don’t tell my husband! And with a list of surprisingly wholesome ingredients and just a touch of honey to sweeten, you’ll feel like you’ve had a nice treat without that heavy feeling in your stomach or a sugar crash 15 minutes after your last bite.
- Coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 Tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 apple
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8 pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium sized bowl, crack your eggs and mix them up with a fork. Mash your banana on a plate and then mix it in with your eggs. Add the honey, vanilla and cinnamon and mix well.
- Next, you’ll want to add in your coconut flour and mix it in well, too. It absorbs a surprising amount of moisture, so make sure you break down any little clumps in the flour. Now add your shredded coconut and coconut milk and mix until everything is combined.
- Next, I diced up half of my apple and added it to the batter. Not wanting to let the half the apple go to waste, I sliced it thinly to decorate the top of the bars.
- Once you’ve mixed the apples in with your batter, spoon it into your pan, smooth it out and get artistic with those apple slices! When you’re satisfied with how it looks, pop it into the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- You’ll know that it’s done when the edges are golden brown and the center is firm when you poke it with a fork.
Need more easy freezer recipes and quick meal ideas?
- Cordon Bleu Chicken Nugget Casserole
- Snickers Pretzel Bites
- Easy Freezable French Canadian Baked Beans
- How to Rock a Freezer Cooking Day
Do you have a go-to quick breakfast that makes your mornings easier? Let me know in the comments – I’m always looking for new ideas!
You Are Also Going To Love:
If you really like my recipe, you will also love the following recipes. I have pulled them together for you right here!