Hey everyone! Are you ready for my delicious Ginger Pineapple Chicken Recipe? These delicious bites of chicken are so scrumptions and mouth watering! Several months ago I used Ginger in one of my chicken marinades and just loved the taste it brought to the food. So I knew I wanted to create some more marinades with ginger. This time I tried one that included pineapple, it turned out wonderful!
Today I am participating in a Tailgate food party called #10Daysof Tailgate. The first thing I thought of when I heard tailgating was grilling – so I knew I wanted to share a grilling recipe with all of you! I know you all love delicious recipes so be sure to check out the other tailgating recipes at the end of this post.
Ginger Pineapple Chicken
- Chicken – You could use any cut of chicken. Since I wanted small bites I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut up into 2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce (the first time I tried 1/2 a cup and the soy sauce flavor was a little overpowering, so I reduced it)
- 8 oz. can of Pineapple bits (I used half the bits and all of the juice – was about 1/4 cup pineapple juice)
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp. Garlic – I used Gourmet Garden Garlic because I always have it handy in my fridge and it is nice and fresh!
- 1/2 Tsp. Ginger – I used Gourmet Garden Ginger because it is so easy to use – straight from my fridge!
In a bowl I mix everything but the chicken together.
Place the chicken pieces in a ziploc baggie and pour over the marinade. Put the chicken in the fridge for several hours. After the chicken was marinated I threaded each piece onto a Fire Wire. I realized a little late that it would have been easier to put the chicken on the fire wire first then marinade. So if you are going to make this you might want to try that, I am sure it is easier.
Now throw your chicken on the grill and smell the delicious smells coming from the chicken.
I turned the chicken every 4 to 5 minutes. When I thought it looked done I used my ThermoPop to make sure. I checked the thickest piece of chicken to make sure everything was cooked through. For chicken you want to reach at least 165 F.
My chicken turned out perfect and the family enjoyed eating along side other yummy food while watching football. I just came for the food and snuck off to my room to read a good book!
Now let’s check out the rest of the recipes on today’s lineup.
Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies by The Spiffy Cookie
If you like this recipe you can find more chicken dishes on my Chicken Recipes page
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information please refer to our Disclosure Policy.