I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client.
The 4th of July is right around the corner – and with that comes a party with the family and of course Fireworks. We always have a HUGE firework display at our house with a lot of people over and we all love it – all except for Jack. Did you know that July 4th is the largest day for dogs to run away due to being overwhelmed and scared? This is so true for Jack – so I have some ideas/tips I would like to share with you plus why I keep Nudges healthy dog treats in my home (I love that these dog treats are made in USA!). You can see more about shopping for Nudges in my Google+ album.
Below is a video on how I use nudges to train Max and then we will get to how I keep Jack safe during the 4th of July.
Oh and here is one of Jack jumping for treats. He actually can jump much higher than what he is showing off in the video.
Max is totally fine with fireworks but Jack gets really scared. So with the 4th of July coming up I have to prepare for it. Here are a few things I do:
- The nights before and after the 4th there are smaller firework shows going off that still scare Jack so I need to make sure he is inside the house before they start.
- Jack is a nervous “Pee-er” -(is that even a word?) Don’t tell Jack I told you that it would really embarrass him! So during this time when I know he is going to be nervous I set him up a comfortable area in our bathroom. That way if there are any accidents they will be easier to clean up.
- Put his familiar items in the bathroom for him – like his dog pillow, food dishes, favorite toys, etc.
- I have bought some Nudges treats that I will give him when he first goes into the room and then one upon leaving.
They are good to have when we go for walks, have family and friend over and of course being good during our 4th of July activities! Some things that I love about Nudges:
- They smell good – this is important to me since I am giving them the treats!
- They tear easily for all size dogs – plus they tear easily for me when I am trying to make the treat smaller for training.
- I like the quality of the treats – they are safe and have no fillers or artificial flavors.
- I love that these dog treats made in the USA