This Princess Makeover shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DisneyBeauties #CollectiveBias
This past weekend was Adison’s birthday so I made a fun plan to have a mini shopping spree, Princess Makeover and do a fun little Princess School. For the mini shopping spree I planned on taking her to the mall to pick out a new outfit then to Walmart to pick out some fun Princess goodies! After we were done shopping the plan was to go home and have a mini princess school. When I told her of the birthday plans she was very excited!
We both got dressed up for our big day and headed to the stores. We first hit the Mall where she bought a new outfit. Then we went to Walmart for the Disney Princess Event that they were having.
She had so much fun shopping and choosing out what she wanted.
Adison ended up buying the Sleeping Beauty DVD (newly released from the “vault”), a Princess Tiara for Belle since she has a fabulous new Belle dress. She also LOVES animals so much that she bought a Palace Pet – Sleeping Beauties pet named Beauty.
Once we got home we relaxed for just a bit then began our Princess school. Adison taught me more about Princesses than I was able to teach her. The weekend before when I was making plans I asked her to give me a list of what makes a Princess. So we based our school around her answers.
Princess Makeover and School:
1. Princess Makeover – Adison explained to me that everyone is a princess no matter what. They don’t have to be in a dress and be all dolled up to be a Princess. It is what’s in your heart. I just loved this perspective of hers. She explained to me that Sleeping Beauty and Belle don’t wear their fancy dresses every day, just on special occasions. Since her birthday is a special occasion it was the perfect time to be a Princess all dressed up.
So when you want to be a Princess dressed up for a special occasion you want to wear a dress similar to your favorite princess. If you want you can curl your hair and add a little makeup – not too much though, it should look natural. Finish your look with a Tiara!
Adison has many princess dresses. Her favorite right now is her Belle dress, so that is what she went with. We also just love to curl her hair – Adison calls it the Princess curl. Look at these gorgeous curls!
We added just a touch of makeup and her newly purchased tiara. Adison was on cloud 9 with her makeover! #DisneyBeauties
We also made a few videos to go with the Princess School. Here is her Instagram video on Dressing as a Princess
Princess school: How to dress like a Princess by Adison #DisneyBeauties #Shop
2. Act Like a Princess Once you are dressed the part you need to act like a princess. One of the first things you need to learn how to do is Curtsie:
Princess school: How a Princess curtsies by Adison #DisneyBeauties #Shop View on Instagram
3. Poise – A Princess also needs to have Poise (so proud of Adison for knowing that word). One way is to walk gracefully. To do this you must practice your balance:
Princess school: A princess need poise by Adison #DisneyBeauties #Shop
4. The Princess wave is very important – just don’t get your elbow confused with your wrist!
Princess School: How a Princess waves by Adison #DisneyBeauties #Shop
5. Be Kind – A princess should be kind to everyone and know that sometimes they might need to make sacrifices for their kingdom. Along with being kind to everyone a princess should be kind to animals and creatures. So learning to talk to animals is important. She thought it was very important to introduce Beauty to the other animals in her kingdom.
6. Manners – A princess should have manners. Try not to make a mess when you are eating and be sure to clean up after yourself!
Adison was so patient to hold the cupcake for the picture. I could tell how much she wanted to eat her birthday cupcakes. But she had manners and was patient!
We just love how the cupcakes turned out!
You can make your own cupcakes or buy some store bought cupcakes depending on the time you have. Add some pretty frosting and pearls. Tape the printable cupcake toppers onto a toothpick and you have some really cute Princess cupcakes!
7. True Love’s Kiss – Adison did say the last thing to be a Princess is to “Seek for True Love’s Kiss”. I told her she was way to young for that! She then reminded me of Malificent (Spoiler Alert) that we just went and saw in the theatres and how True Love was between Aurora and Malificent. Malificent who cared for her as a mom would her daughter. Adison said that she had already found True Loves kiss with her mom and dad who take care of her. Man she is such a sweetheart! I just love this girl!