ThisRotini with Sausage Mushroom Sauce Dinner shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WeekNightHero #CollectiveBias
When my family asks me what is for dinner I often joke with them that I fed them dinner yesterday. We laugh and joke for a bit and they are back to the question “What’s for dinner?”. To help me with the endless task of making dinner I try to make recipes that I know the entire family will love and that we look forward to. Something that is quick and easy that if needed my husband can also make if I am not available. This dinner is one of those meals. It takes less than 30 minutes to make and also cost me less than $10 – that is a win win in my book!
Rotini with Sausage Mushroom Sauce Dinner
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 carton (14.5 ounces) Campbell’s® Savory Portobello Mushroom Soup
- 8 ounzes (half a package) rotini noodles
- 1 bag frozen peas (or any other veges you may have in your fridge)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 oz package fresh mushrooms, sliced
Bring a pot of water to boil for your Rontini noodles and cook them according to the package directions. While your noodles are cooking lets get working on the sauce. Cook the sausage and chopped onion in a skillet over medium-high heat.
When the sausage is about half way cooked I add in the sliced mushrooms.
If you don’t have fresh mushrooms you could use a can of slice mushrooms (drained) but then I would add them at the same time you add the peas. Continue to cook until the sausage is browned and the mushrooms are tender. Drain excess fat.
Stir in your Campbell’s® Savory Portobello Mushroom Soup and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low and stir in the frozen peas. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Add in your drained rotini noodles, toss and serve! This would be great served with a green salad and breadsticks.
I love how this recipe helps me give my family a great weekend style meal but on a week night – so quick and easy! The family loves this meal and I get no complaints when I tell them it is what we are having for dinner. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Have you tried the Campbell’s® Soups for Easy Cooking? They are Campbell’s line of ready to use soups in a carton that are just perfect for recipes! They are located next to the canned Campbell’s Soup – I easily found mine at Walmart.
Do you already have a favorite recipe using Campbell’s Soup? You should try it with these Easy Cooking Soups and let me know what you think. Here are some ideas:
- Recipe calls for Cream of Mushroom >> now try the Savory Portobello Mushroom in your recipe (great for skillet recipes)
- Recipe calls for Cream of Chicken >> instead enjoy the Creamy Herb & Garlic with Chicken Stock in recipe (perfect for pot pies)
- Recipe calls for Condensed French Onion Soup>> now try the savory addition of Sweet Onion flavor in your recipe (this a savory addition to any meatloaf and skillet dishes)
- Recipe calls for Condensed Tomato Soup >> now enjoy with Mexican Style Tomato (great for Mexican dishes)
Be sure to check out more delicious, easy homemade recipes using Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking! I’d love to hear your favorite!
If you like this recipe then you will probably also enjoy these: