I have another quick and simple recipe to share with you today! This one calls for just a few ingredients and is a delicious appetizer! Ragu provided me with some jars of their sauce and a recipe. Their recipe is included at the end of this blog post. They challenged me to put a spin on their recipe and share what I made with my family. Here is what I came up with
Sausage and Peppers Bruschetta Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- A Green and Red pepper – diced
- Kielbasa Sausage – diced
- Bagette Bread – sliced
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Jar Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce
First thing you will want to do is preheat your oven – I used the broiler setting.
Next you will want to heat (medium heat) up the olive oil in a sauce pan. Once the oil is heated add the diced peppers and Kilbasa Sausage. You could use any kind of sausage but Kielbasa is a favorite of mine. Saute these together until the peppers are softened (takes about 10 minutes)
Pour in a Jar of Ragú®. I like to use this sauce because my family enjoys the flavor it is made with 11 juicy tomatoes making it its richest, thickest recipe. Stir the sauce in and cook until hot and bubbly.
Arrange your slices of bagette bread onto a cookie sheet. Place a spoonful of Sausage and Peppers on each slide of bread and add a sprinkling of Mozzarella Cheese.
Place in the oven under the broiler. I always keep the oven door slightly ajar so I can watch it. I wait for the cheese to melt and start bubbling. Once some of the cheese starts getting a nice golden color I pull it out.
These make such a yummy appetizer and were gone within minutes at my home.
Now here is the original Recipe that Ragu provided to me. As you can tell the recipes are quite similar – I used a different sausage and mine was served up differently then theirs. You can’t go wrong serving this up on bread with melted cheese but I am sure a nice bowl of the sausage and peppers would be delicious!
Sausage & Peppers (6 servings)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs. sweet Italian sausage, sliced if desired
- 2 red and/or green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Chunky Pasta Sauce
- Heat olive oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook sausage, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until done; drain if desired.
- Add red peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in Pasta Sauce and heat through.
- Serve, if desired, with hot cooked rigatoni pasta or in Italian rolls.
For more information (or more recipes) from Ragu you can visit their Facebook page.