So I think I made my kids night when I told them we were having a video games party to celebrate the coming out of the new Xbox One and Forza 5. They were even more excited when I told them we would be playing our Forza 4 game (having a race car tournament) and I would be making my M&M Bars (recipe below) for the party!
You could call our family a gaming family (that is a big of an understatement). Playing video games is something our family loves to do together on the weekends. Some might think we are crazy when they find out we actually have 3 Xbox 360’s in our home (one in my room, living room and front room). So when we found out about the new XBox One was coming out we were beyond excited (especially since one of our Xbox 360’s is dying). We are also excited for the new Forza 5 game because we really enjoy playing Forza 4 – for our party we decided to have a race car tournament.
I told my son if he could come up with half the money for the Xbox One I would cover the rest. He has been so good about saving his money and this week he reached his goal – so guess what we are getting this weekend – yup the XBox one – he is beyond thrilled and is having such a hard time waiting for it to come out on the 22nd. THIS WEEKEND – Yea we are excited! So I ran to Walmart to grab the ingredients for our party. I just love the variety of M&M’s to pick from – the kids picked plain and mini M&M’s. I picked the pretzel kind for me to snack on because they are my favorite.
We had such a fun family night playing games and eating yummy treats
These M&M Bars ended up being the perfect snack while playing games!
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 graham cracker crumbs
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups M&M’s (I used 1 cup plain and 1 cup mini)
- 1 1/3 cup coconut
- 1 cup nuts – I used pecans (chopped)
- caramel sauce (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350degrees. Spray a 13×9 pan with baking spray or line it with parchment paper. Combine the butter and graham crackers and form a crust.
2. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk evenly over crust.
3. Sprinkle most of the M&M’s over the milk. I reserve about 1/4 cup of the M&M’s to sprinkle on top after baking.
4. Sprinkle coconut and nuts over the M&M’s. With a fork gently press everything down to make sure they will all stick together while baking. I sometimes drizzle with caramel sauce to make it even more decadent.
5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until everything is nicely browned and coconut is looking toasty. You will notice some of the M&M’s have melted or are not visible. I like the look of the M&M on top of the cookie. So this is when I sprinkle my leftover M&M’s on top.
Let cool overnight so you can cut up nice pretty M&M Bars
Gaming with M Pixel Art Contest
Create your own Pixel Art using M&M’s (R) candies and snap an Instagram Photo. Tag your image with #FueledByM AND #Contest and post the image on Instagram and Twitter.
One lucky Pixel Artist will win a new Xbox One and Gaming is better with M pack including the Forza 5 Motorsport game and a 14 oz bag of M&Ms(R). Contest runs Dec. 4th – Dec. 18th and winner will be chosen at random.
Does your family like to play video games? Are you planning on grabbing the new Xbox One or Forza 5? What do you like to snack on while you play games – I would love to hear your recipes!