I ran into a quote the other day that I really liked. I think it was because I am so far from perfect and I feel like it holds me back a lot. But if you think about it no one really is perfect – we have parts of us that need a little work but then there are parts of us that are pretty dang Awesome! So I decided to make this quote on a wood board to help me keep things in prospective and to remind me that there are things that I am pretty awesome at.
Wood Sign Tutorial
Let’s Get Started
1. The first thing you will want to do is paint the front of the wood board white and let dry.
2. Once the paint is dry add your vinyl lettering – but be sure not to put on the vinyl words yet for Me or Perfect.
3. In the places that you are going to put the “Me” and “Perfect” paint those red and let dry.
4. Once the red paint is dry add those vinyl letters.
5. Now paint over the entire thing in black paint and let dry. If you are worried about the paint getting in under the vinyl letters you check out how I fix this problem with Mod Podge on my Bathroom Makeover post.
6. To add a bit of design to my board I added the Mod Podge Rocks Chevron stencil. This stencil is adhesive and reusable (up to 20 times). Lay the stencil down where you want to paint. Using the little Mod Podge paint brush I carefully added the red paint. I let it dry a little bit then lifted the stencil off and moved it down and continued. Once I was done with all of my stenciling I placed it back on its packaging and washed it off and it is ready to be used again!
6. Once everything is dry peel off the vinyl letters – such an easy way to get perfect lettering.
7. Using sandpaper I sanded the edges of the entire board. I then went all over the letters and Chevron.
I really loved how this turned out will be hanging it in my craft room soon (the craft room is currently being “remodeled”).
If you are looking to try out some Mod Podge Stencils of your own you can find them at Michaels. There are 6 great designs
Another great way to use these stencils is to use Mod Podge instead of paint and then cover with glitter – I think I will do that with my next project because I just love glitter on my projects! I also think next time I want to try the wood grain stencil!